Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tough Mudder... Tahoe Style

I'll tell you first off, that writing this post I am smiling from ear to ear.

 I am  ONE PROUD WIFE! 

Jeff committed to Tough Mudder 8 months ago, has trained for those 8 months, lost 15 pounds training said 8 months, and DEFEATED Tough Mudder after 8 months of training. Yep, PROUD WIFE! 

In case you don't know what TM is, it is a 12 mile run/obstacle course, dedicated to military men and what they do in training for combat. It is no joke! You go through trenches, electrical wires, 32 degree water, over 12 foot walls, and run uphill 6 miles in between, only to run downhill the next 6 miles (I am talking on a ski resort, so at very steep in/declines). It is gruesome, But Jeff did it, and he and the 6 other guys on his team made it seem like no big deal. I guess training really paid off. 

I got to be a spectator but it was not an easy thing to do. Actually, it might have been easier if I had just run the course also. It took two and a half hours to get to the resort (that is normally 45 minutes away), and I missed the boys going off. We met up with them at a trench obstacle, and because of the crazy slope, only saw them at a couple of obstacles. Thanks to some of the other girls with the team, I have awesome pictures to share. So here it goes: 



Pre-Run:

Obstacle #6:

Obstacle #4:

 Everest: Finish Line!:


DONE! :

Showers:

Rule #1: Don't buy new shoes to use at TM. You will ruin them:
This was in the morning. It was 100x this by 5PM.

At Trench Warfare:

Done, and earned the headband. Oorah! :

 The only serious battle wound (from climbing the 12 foot wall):



No comments: