Jeff had a CE course in Phoenix this weekend. It's only about 90 minutes from us, so we all drove there together, and I decided to brave a whole day at the zoo. alone. just me and the kids. It was a little scary for me, just for fear of not being to keep my eyes on both kids. But, in the end it turned out absolutely perfect. We spent 6 drama-free hours together in an insanely-packed zoo (Ahem... Presidents' Day). It was so much fun though. The girls had a blast looking at all the exhibits. We packed a delicious PB&J lunch and that was about the only time the girls took a break. We visited all the animals, went on the carousel (which the girls loved!), and found all the kids play areas we could. The girls even went in the 'moat-ish' water at the end, and I am so glad I packed that extra pair of clothes (and we didn't find said moat sooner)! We were only 15 minutes away from Jeff, so we picked him up about 4 and drove home, stopping for dinner along the way. We will definitely make the drive again, since it is so easy and we have friends and family there! I can't wait to explore that city some more...





No comments:
Post a Comment