First, we stopped at Ikea at the request of Grandma. I managed to walk away spending under $50 (unheard of at that store!!), but my list grew while we walked through the store. It's nice to have an Ikea so close (yet far enough) to us. Then, we went for a drive so the girls could nap for a little while. I drove to the Arizona Biltmore Hotel, which has a fascinating history, and the architecture is uniquely cool. The area around the hotel is surrounded in multi-million dollar mansions and we enjoyed gawking at them, as well as the nearby shopping plaza for those millionaires that own the homes. Then, we drove up to pick up Jeff.
After we picked him up, we were driving through old town Scottsdale and saw a Qdoba sign. I was ecstatic and we stopped, only to find out it had been shut down. If there is one place I miss from Reno, it's Qdoba, and for those who don't know what that is, I am sad for you. It is even more delicious than Cafe Rio and Chipotle.
Then we drove the art fair that was happening in downtown Tempe. There also happened to be an ASU home game, so we witnessed some proud tailgating while there (ASU is minutes away from downtown).
We stopped for dinner and drove home later that night.
Pics from Tempe:
No comments:
Post a Comment