Saturday, May 24, 2014

Chicago- a Jacobson reunion

I had to get to Chicago for my cousin's graduation from law school. For one, she's like a sister to me, and two, all those Jacobsons altogether spells F-U-N!


I was 35 weeks preggo, and had a very laid-back doctor, so I got the green light to fly and met everyone for a fun weekend in the Windy City. Klanci had it planned for all of us, and this made things so easy. We stayed at the Hilton on Miracle Mile where all the fun stuff went down. My cousin lives over by Cubs Stadium and they caught a game before my flight came in. I missed that part, but it was rainy anyway. I met them at a great country bar in Wrigleyville, and we enjoyed some delish food. 

Then, we took the bus downtown and got ready for going out. We walked to a fun bar, that also happened to be packed full of twenty-somethings.

The next day, us girls spent the day shopping miracle mile. We were in close proximity to all the fancy shops, but the one I was most excited about: AMERICAN GIRL! I went late in the afternoon, only to be super overwhelmed  by all items they sold and walked out with nothing. I also came to the conclusion that the girls are a little young for a hundred and something dollar doll when they can't even take care of their Barbies. But, man I wished I was ten again...  

We also enjoyed some delicious breakfast (me eggs benedict... mmmm), and for lunch went to Eataly. Oh , I wish I had hours to peruse through that place. Eataly has several restaurants under one roof. If you ever go to a city with one, it's highly recommended for any foodie. We ate at the vegetarian restaurant, La Verdure, and I had the most delicious portobella bruschetta. So.good. Then we all ate at the Paris Club for dinner. I had the best salmon I have EVER had, and we ordered a fun Rum dessert called Bhaba al Rhum. I also had some delicious French onion soup. ( obviously ate to my hearts content on this trip). Then we went out for drinks (mine-all virgin). The last stop was a champagne bar, and the bartender made a fancy mocktail. 

Sunday, we had brunch at Ralph Lauren's restaurant on Miracle Mile. Then, we celebrated Klanci and her success in law school. The ceremony was not too long and we got some fun photos. Then, dinner and drinks that night. 

I flew back Monday with Grandma and Aunt Mel on the same flight. It was an easy flight, and I really thought all the walking that weekend would induce labor, but no such luck! All-in-all it was a fun weekend, and I can't wait to get back with Jeff so he can enjoy Chicago too. 

the view from the hotel room

Love Chicago's architecture... a catholic church on Miracle Mile



Went for a walk one morning along the waterfront

Cousin love! 

Aunt Mel and Klanci

View from breakfast Saturday Morning

yummy soup at Eataly... 
Truth. -Eataly




Water Tower



Bhaba al Rhum.

Klanci, Grandma, Me, Aunt Mel.

@ Pops. Merle, Aunt Lea, Klanci and Evan

My beautiful Mama Mocktail at Pops

Sprinkles Cupcake ATM !!!

I was so excited to get one on a walk one morning, only to see it was sold out. :-( 




at 3 Dots and a Dash.







Happy Graduation Klanci!!! 



No comments: