Here's how it went down:
- Jeff and I set a goal of buying our first home by EOY.
- I wasn't even going to get serious at looking until after Ceci came.
- But... I was surfing Zillow, and came across this home. It was the right location, right size, and had some of must haves to move. Then, they lowered the price!
- We checked out the home and did something totally crazy and put the offer in immediately.
- We knew though that it was a short sale, and to not get our hopes up. This was also good because it was April at the time and I was due in June. I was NOT moving while 9 months pregnant or with a newborn!
- So we waited, and the bank came back and accepted our offer in August. We had a month to close.
- Buying a home is hard though, and I think with our inexperience it was even harder. We changed mortgage companies mid-process (meaning starting all over again), and with Jeff being a part owner in the practice, we had to claim self-employed, which is a total pain in these cases. !!!
- Then, We weren't going to close within 30 days, and I was freaking out because we already gave notice to our landlord, and with a short sale, you must close within 30 days of bank's approval. However, kudos to our Mortgage Broker, because he put me at ease and said it happens more than you think.
- So... we closed on Sept 5th. Woohoo! That day we had the painters and carpet layers in there, and what was supposed to be a month of renovations condensed into 2 weeks. To the day of moving in, they were finishing up touch-ups and managed to get the important, I'm-not-moving -furniture-once-it's-in-here, stuff done.
No comments:
Post a Comment